Re: Looking for Codd's 1970 paper

From: serafim <serafim_at_nada.kth.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:02:49 +0200

Jackson wrote:

> I am looking for a copy of Codd's 1970
> paper "A relational model for large shared
> data banks," Communications of the ACM, 13(6),
> 377-287.

I have a reference on a course page:

http://www.nada.kth.se/kurser/kth/2D1470/links.html

The laast reference: "Codds originalpapper ..." is a link to a pdf version of the paper. However, for some odd reason noone managed to read it directly from the web. Download the pdf file and open locally. If it fails I may send you the file as an e-mail attachment.

> Is there a collective volume of classic
> works that includes this paper?

Not that I know of, but there is an ACM library (from which my copy is downloaded)

http://www.acm.org/dl/newsearch.html

Enetring the right words for article and author enables you to locate electronic copies of most ACM articles

/Serafim Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 16:02:49 CEST

Original text of this message