Help: Rules Engine

From: Psychoticus Rex <psychoticusrex_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 10:32:01 -0700

I'd like to know if anyone has experience or has heard of an implementation of a "Rules Engine" on an OS/320, MVS, Adabase, (Cobol, natural) language platform?

We're looking to replace our current DLM - Cobol model and replace it with something which is:
Easier to modify
More extensible
Easier to test
More stable
Easier to manage
Faster in execution

We've seen several models in adjoin to our own, usually employing XML as a way of maintaining the rules and then either pre-compiling or parsing it at runtime to check incomming data submissions.

Since pre-compiliing would be more stable and faster we're leaning towards that.

Are there any solutions we're missing? (Newer managment utilities for XML Rules (MUST be user friendly, since XML is not well known in our environment.), Better database models, faster languages, etc...)

G'day! Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 19:32:01 CEST

Original text of this message