Re: URGENT

From: Barry <barryw_at_databaseanswers.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2001 05:01:56 -0700

"Aakash Bordia" <a_bordia_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9l9e29$op6$1_at_stlnews.stl.ibm.com>...
> What database platform are you using? Do you have recursive SQL to your help
> available?
> -Aakash
>
> "katsikis George" <grkatsikis_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am doing a project for the university concerning electric drills and the
> > only data i have is the machines, operations and classifications of the
> > drills. Also i have the Bill of material of the drills. The problem is
 that
> > i do not know how to start and what to do!! can u suggest me any ideas or
> > any particular sites so as to check about my project???? how can i create
> > table from the bill of material??? please help me!!!!!!!!!!! if u want
 send
> > me an e-mail at : grkatsikis_at_hotmail.com
> > thanx..
> > george

Check out the Conceptual and Physical Data Model for Bill of Material on my Database Answers Web Site :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/bom/index.htm

Review the Business Rules, change them according to your requirements, and then modify the design of the Data Model appropriately.

If you are doing a homework assignment, you should get a good mark just for showing the method of - FACTs, then Conceptual Model then Physical Model !!!

Barry Williams
Principal Consultant
Database Answers Received on Sun Aug 19 2001 - 14:01:56 CEST

Original text of this message