Re: Searching for a good, simple and clear introduction to Relational Databases

From: B.Dimple <bdimple_at_kpisystems.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 15:42:08 -0700

There is some relevant material on the Database Answers Site :- 1) A (very) short history of Databases :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/history.htm 2) References to Ted Codd, ('father' of Relational databases) :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/normal_forms.htm    http://www.databaseanswers.com/codds_rules.htm 3) An approach to designing a Database :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/approach2db_design.htm 4) Over 40 Data Models for Database designs where you can look for something

   that might be a good start :-