Re: One design for different DBMSs

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:05:12 GMT

Matti,

I'm really interested in the answer to your question.

In the meantime, I'll give the answer in my environment.

The DBA wanted to fine tune the DDL, anyway. So, in order to improve acceptance of modeling
at the logical level, we refrained from trying to tune Power Designer's PDM for Oracle. For our needs,
the tuning required was routine and mechanical.

I believe we could have done it within PD, but I can't prove it from experience.

--
Regards,
    David Cressey