Re: Please Help Me

From: --CELKO-- <joe.celko_at_trilogy.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2001 16:18:29 -0700

>> 1.Actually,what is meant by two phase locking ? <<

I think you mean "two phase commit". This is a process which asks all the clients involved (1) are you ready to commit work? (2) Okay, do it. If any clientd in step (1) says 'No', then the process stops. It is a way of making sure that all clients have exactly the same data.

>> 2.What is meant by locks/latches ? Are they same as database locks
? <<

Yes, but there is more to it than that. Look at pessimistic concurrency control, optimistic concurrency control and logical concurrency control. Received on Thu Aug 02 2001 - 01:18:29 CEST

Original text of this message