Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:50:34 +0200

Jim Melton wrote:
> Boys, boys. When will you two play nicely together?
> Honestly, sometimes I think you two *try* to misunderstand
> one another.

:-)
I can't deny it.

Thank you very much for your answer to Bob's mail, Jim. I couldn't write a better reply. Everything you wrote is correct.

I am tempted to write a follow-up to this one:

> > Where are OIDs or pointers in the above example?
>
> On either side of the '==' and '!=' operators, which
> clearly operate on pointers.

<satire>
Intentionally arguing at a different level of abstraction is not very constructive. Here are some similar true statements:

"Relational databases can only store binary data."
"Your computer can only understand 0 and 1".
"You are nothing but carbohydrates and water."
</satire>

Kind regards,
Carl Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 11:50:34 CEST

Original text of this message