Re: S.O.D.A. --> Relational GUI

From: Topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:13:54 GMT

> Disagree. Paraphrasing: "we'll just get some [arbitrary] physical
> implementation, and put relational interface upon it [make it nice
> logical model]". Also, SQL or not, reconciling nested widget
> structures with relational model requires some nontrivial effort.

I don't see why this would be the case.

Besides, some vendors do have tree-friendly traversal commands so that you don't have to write your own.

BTW, the tables could be the primary place to store widget information and not just a copy/echo of some RAM thingy. This could allow nice things like one language/tool for designing layouts, and others using it.

-T- Received on Mon Jul 23 2001 - 19:13:54 CEST

Original text of this message