Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2001 23:49:14 -0500

On Sun, 01 Jul 2001, firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:

> This approach can work well when you have a single, standalone
> application.

Is this even the case? What are the tools to allow users of the system get at the data that they need? Must applications be written that utilize the objects in place, or can they just use SQL, ie adhoc, implying no dependence on inhouse or in progress apps?

> However, in the real world, you usually have multiple disparate
> applications that wish to use the same data.

Even better case for trying to understand how a completely OO based application would be designed. Lee is making the point about the many needs for users to get at the data. How is this accomplished in OO only systems?

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.