Re: Recursive closure

From: Aakash Bordia <a_bordia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:33:36 GMT

In IBM DB2, you would express it as:

with temp(level,name) as
(select number,name from tblName where PK=1 UNION ALL
select number,name from tblName T,temp P where T.PK=P.FK ) select * from temp

The above query might have an infinite recursion, you will have to limit that somehow in the where clause.

Relational algebra and closure...cant think of anything right now!

Thanks
Aakash