Re: Atkinsons Rules for OODBMS

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.win.tue.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:31:53 GMT

VM wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me where I could find information about
> Atkinsons Rules or could explain a bit about the rules as I have been
> searching everywhere can only find information about rules for
> relational databases instead of the object orientated databases.

I assume you mean the rules as stated by Malcom Atkinson et al. in the Object-Oriented Database System Manifesto? There is an on-line version here:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/clamen/OODBMS/Manifesto/htManifesto/Manifesto.html

and if you want to download a printable version in Postscript or PDF look here:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/atkinson89objectoriented.html

Good luck,

--
  Jan Hidders