Storing Data

From: Chris Underwood <xiver_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2001 08:56:09 -0700

What is an efficent way to store recordset type data in a single file?

For example:

    Records containing an integer, a real number, and a null terminated character string (variable length) are stored contiguously in a file. There are no unique identifiers in the records as is.

What are some good methods (Where can I find some good reading material?) for storing the data to be quickly accessed, appended, and altered? I do realize that the above example is not realistic, its just an example of what I would like to do. Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 17:56:09 CEST

Original text of this message