Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:34:55 -0400

>>>Excellent? Just a terminology assault; I personally learned nothing from
 this
>>>article.
>>
>>Could your dismissal of the article as a terminology assault have
>>contributed to your failure to learn anything?
>
>If you advocate rigorous models, what did you found so attractive about the
>article? Does it establish one?

Yes.

>Does it explain LSP paradox?

It obviates it by further clarifying what LSP really means. Was it required to explain it as well?

>OK, a circle is
>always a subclass of ellipse, I agree, but is the article convincing enough
 for
>majority of comp.object? I'm bored of discussions if type and class are the
 same
>or not, it's time to move on.

Or maybe it's time to just settle the matter intelligently and move on. I think Date's approach settles the matter quite well. Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:34:55 CEST

Original text of this message