Announcing Joerg's SQL data base

From: Joerg Schoen <JoergSilkeSchoen_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:10:59 +0200

Hello!

I couldn't find anything like "comp.database.announce", so I post it here.

Announcing Joerg's SQL data base

Joerg's multi-user SQL data base with programmable graphical interface (QT).

The database engine allows concurrent access via shared memory and fcntl style file locks.

The SQL language supports cursors and has a procedural programming language with variables, loops and conditional statements as well as user procedures and functions (functions are for usage in expressions).

Two front ends exist. A shell like tool 'jsqlsh' which is a powerful report generator and a graphical interface 'kjsqlsh'. The graphical front end can be programmed to create menues, forms and tables. The package is completed with a table checker and dumper and some other useful tools. A client/server tool is in preparation.

To demonstrate the usage, an example package 'JES' is supplied.

The tarball and Linux RPM source and binary packages are found at http://home.t-online.de/home/JoergSilkeSchoen/prg.html

Comments are welcome! Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 14:10:59 CEST

Original text of this message