Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:33:37 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:
> I think I have demonstrated that my generalizations do bear up. Have you
> demonstrated that non-relational object databases provide much physical
> independence? Have you demonstrated that non-relational object databases
> provide any inherent performance advantage over relational ones? Have you
> demonstrated that non-relational object databases provide as simple an
> interface?

Come on then, let's stop the theoretical talking and let's move to a concrete example as I have suggested two times before:

- You or someone else provides a class model.
- You write relational code to store objects.
- I write object database code to store objects.
- We stop the execution time.

Then we apply changes to the classes and document the steps necessary to migrate data (or add views to your relational database).

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger