Re: Flamewar object databases vs. relational databases (was: Unknown SQL)

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:53:05 -0400

Carl Rosenberger wrote in message <9fb3pq$43i$06$1_at_news.t-online.com>...
>Bob Badour wrote:
>> >If you use a pure OODBMS, then you have an OO system.
>>
>> I disagree. Since relational supports objects directly, you still have an
 OO
>> system. In a strict and precise sense, relational is already an OODBMS.
>
>This is not true.
>Could you please provide evidence by naming vendor and statement to store:

It is absolutely true, as is everything I write in this thread.

I already told you how you can educate yourself. Fabian's most recent or Date and Darwen's _Third Manifesto..._

Quit bothering me with this shit until you read one or both of them. Received on Sun Jun 03 2001 - 06:53:05 CEST

Original text of this message