Re: Unknown SQL

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:52:10 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:
> So, you claim it is easier to force the user to know about Arrays, Sets,
> Bags, Collections, Iterators, Children, Parents etc. than it is to force
 the
> user to know about Relations, Tuples and Domains?

All of the above constructs are part of the Java programming language. We neither force the user to know about them, nor to use them.

If a programmer uses any of these JDK classes, we store them directly, without any detours through relational mappers to tables, which would be unsuitable.

What is the programming language of your choice? Relational?
Can you program a parser with it, a text editor or a web-browser?

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger