Database Selection

From: Roy Brophy <roy_at_NObroSPAM.tcp.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 21:00:36 +0100

Can anyone recommend a site that may assist with the selection of the right database for a particular application. I want to understand what questions need to be asked. Once we have the answers I then need to understand what is the correct db to satisfy these requirements. This is not a pure "data processing" application but includes gathering data from hardware and storing in the db, retrieving configuration data etc. I can think of the obvious questions to ask like, OS, rate & size of transactions etc but there must be a many other things to take into account. Many thanks,
Roy Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 22:00:36 CEST

Original text of this message