Re: S.O.D.A. database Query API - call for comments

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 17:20:29 +0200

Lee Fesperman wrote:
> Storing a table row as an object messes up the query language. How about
 storing objects
> as column values in table rows. Then you can keep a declarative query
 language and be
> able to call methods on columns. Our ORDBMS (in beta) does this -
> http://www.firstsql.com/firstsqlj/

The approach sounds very interesting but it has nothing to do with SQL. You might need a name change for your engine in the future.

Where do these objects store their members? How would you constrain a query with members of these objects?

Do you use Java serialization to store objects?

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger