The DOA'01 dealine is approaching

From: Fabio Kon <kon_at_ime.usp.br>
Date: 12 Mar 2001 15:47:15 -0300

  [[ Apologies if you see this message more often that what you'd like ]]

                         C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
                         =============================
____  __   __     __
 | | |  | |  | / |  ||        International Symposium on
 | | |  | |--|   |  ||    DISTRIBUTED OBJECTS AND APPLICATIONS
_|_| |__| |  |   |__||     Rome, Italy, September 18-20, 2001
                          Proceedings published by IEEE Press
                        http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/conf/doa/2001/

IMPORTANT DATES

     Electronic (paper) submission:     April 1st, 2001
     Notification of acceptance:        May 20th, 2001
     Camera-ready copies:               June 10th, 2001
     Symposium:                         September 18-20, 2001

CONTEXT  DOA is a symposium about the recent advances in Distributed  Object Computing (DOC). It has been successfully organised  during 1999 (Edinburgh) and 2000 (Antwerp). You may found more  details about these symposiums at

       http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/conf/doa/2000 .../1999

 DOA'2001 follows the same tradition as the precedent symposiums.  We want attendees to be able to evaluate existing ORB middleware  systems; to analyse, and propose solutions to major limitations of  existing systems; and to indicate promising future research directions  for distributed objects. We are seeking RESEARCH (theory,  fundamentals, principles of DOC) and PRACTICAL (applications,  experience, pragmatics of DOC) papers. Contributions attempting  to cross over the gap between these two dimensions will, of course, be  especially welcome.

 Finally, we are glad to announce that the following experts will be  running tutorials at DOA'01 Symposium:

        Sean Baker (Iona)
        Santosh Shrivastava (University of Newcastle)
        Bran Selic (Rational Software)
        Douglas Schmidt (University of California at Irvine)

SUBMISSIONS   Details about submissions can be found at

          http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/conf/doa/2001/cfp.html

--
Fabio Kon
Assistant Professor of Computer Science