Re: Is it really that bad?

From: kurt <out_sp0k1n_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 05:26:47 +1300

"David Cressey" <david_at_dcressey.com> wrote in message news:8u7p6.36248$2X4.132260_at_petpeeve.ziplink.net...

> > straight-forward, until the came time to save the objects. There
> > didn't seem to be any transaction management in the database,
> > which was something they wanted, so what I did was:
>
> Let me get this straight.
>
> You had to implement all the ACID features of transaction processing
> yourself?
Sorry, I think I described this incorrectly: using this particular ORDBMS, you don't explicitly begin a transaction, it is ended after a commit/rollback,
which then starts the next one (Aside: is it safe to assume this is standard?).
We wanted an instance (and all associated instances) saved with one commit (or rollback), after executing several insert/update database calls independently, rather than a commit after each.