Re: DBA quiz

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:43:03 GMT

> What is this supposed to be, self-join hell-world? I thought we were
> supposed to *avoid* cartesian products! I hope whoever does get that
> job applies such techniques every day.

Actually, some recruiters seem to apply the "Cartesian Product" principle to their job: match every available resume to every available opening.

This sure makes it easy for the candidates and the hiring managers to figure out what's a waste of time! :)

Note that I said "some" recruiters, not "all" recruiters. The better recruiters are still doing some kind of match screening before even contacting either party.

--
Regards,
    David Cressey