DBA quiz

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <alohakaku_nospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 19:44:42 GMT

On my last job interview for DBA position they gave me the test below. I fell flat, and so did all of my friends, whom I asked. One of them wrote a C program that calculates the answer, but I cannot believe that DBA folks are supposed to know how to program C.

  1. The first question whose answer is B is question
    (A) 2
    (B) 3
    (C) 4
    (D) 5
    (E) 6
  2. The only two consecutive questions with identical answers are questions
    (A) 2 and 3
    (B) 3 and 4
    (C) 4 and 5
    (D) 5 and 6
    (E) 6 and 7
  3. The last question with the same answer as this one is question
    (A) 10
    (B) 9
    (C) 8
    (D) 7
    (E) 6
  4. The number of questions with the answer A is
    (A) 0
    (B) 1
    (C) 2
    (D) 3
    (E) 4
  5. The answer to this question is the same as the answer to question
    (A) 10
    (B) 9
    (C) 8
    (D) 7
    (E) 6
  6. The number of questions with answer A equals the number of questions with answer
    (A) B
    (B) C
    (C) D
    (D) E
    (E) none of the above
  7. Alphabetically, the answer to this question and the answer to the following question are
    (A) 4 apart
    (B) 3 apart
    (C) 2 apart
    (D) 1 apart
    (E) the same
  8. The number of questions whose answers are vowels is
    (A) 2
    (B) 3
    (C) 4
    (D) 5
    (E) 6
  9. The number of questions whose answer is a consonant is
    (A) a prime (i.e. 2,3,5,7)
    (B) a factorial (i.e. 1,6)
    (C) a square (i.e. 0,1,4,9)
    (D) a cube (i.e. 0,1,8)