Re: oracle query

From: Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:47:36 GMT

In article <95fl8f$21c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Aloha Kakuikanu <alohakaku_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <95fcin$qgb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

> BTW, try to query Greatest Common Divisor -- I've read that
> SQL is incomplete, so you cannot calculate anything your way.

select max(c.gcd) from

    (select rownum as x from PHONES where rownum < 15) a,
    (select rownum as y from PHONES where rownum < 15) b,
    (select rownum as gcd from PHONES where rownum < 15) c
where gcd*x=6
and gcd*y=9

(Those limitations are because the RDBMS I use comes with very inefficient plan)

You probably meant relational algebra, not SQL

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Feb 05 2001 - 18:47:36 CET

Original text of this message