Re: How do I design a Data Architecture ?

From: Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:12:28 GMT

In article <3A767B5C.652B7A59_at_objectarchitects.de>,   Wolfgang Keller <wk_at_objectarchitects.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope the following will help ...
> * first .. don't propose something like a enterprise data model - the
> degree of integration
> needed for that will be tough to reach ...
> * better propose a so called multichannel architecture .. this
 consists
> of ..
> - various user interfaces, like a customer web interface and a call
> center interface
> - a middleware xbar - which integrates the backend
> - and see the backend systems as product factories
> * use a XML based stupid simple middleware (like MQSeries plus some
 XML
> messages) architecture to tie it all together
While I agree with adjective "stupid", IMHO "simple" is not a definition what all those message systems are about. Also, "boring". Keep in mind, that despite all promises, you'll have to write some adaptor code. Worse yet, there would be a lot of fun tracing messages that are not delivered to destination. In short, keep you solution "database only" as much as you can.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 23:12:28 CET

Original text of this message