Re: Relation problem

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.win.tue.nl>
Date: 30 Jan 2001 10:14:23 GMT

Michel wrote:
> How about using two addressLink tables?
>
> PersonAddressLink and OrgAddressLink.

That wouldn't solve any problem that having one addressLink table already solves. As far as I understand your problem (but I may be wrong) the problem was that you would have to check in the AddressLink table that the orgId's and persId's used there actually occurr in the Organization table and the Person table. If you introduce two Link tables then you solve this problem but introduce the new problem of checking whether every addressId used in the Address table occurs in either the PersonAddressLink table or the OrgAddressLink table or both.

--
  Jan Hidders