performance measurments

From: Eelke Folmer <eelke_at_rohill.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:26:37 +0100

Hello,

I am doing research on desiging an high performance embedded real-time distributed database for a private mobile radio environment.

does anybody know of any studies concerning performance measurements for (distributed) database schema implemented on a:

  • traditional client-server relational database
  • client-server object oriented database
  • embedded library

Does anybody know of studies of performance measurements for a single database schema for each of these implementation? For performance measurements i think of some transaction-processing benchmark for the client-server implementations(embedded libraries have a custom API so no standard for application performance exist by my knowledge) Therefore i was wondering if someone has tried to implement a single database schema in all of the three possible implementations and done some application benchmarking.

Greetings Eelke Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 14:26:37 CET

Original text of this message