Re: Subtables

From: Joe Celko <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:58:49 GMT

>> Ok I still don't get it. I've posted about this over here before,
but I still don't see how so...... - how do I do subtables? Say we have a number of parties being held, and a certain total no. of people going to them - for each party, we have info on where it was held, theme, etc., and for each of the people we know their names, ages, sex etc. <<

It would help if you would at least post DDL, so that people do not have to guess about keys, constraints, DRI, datatypes and what fuzzy English narratives or ASCII diagrams mean. Would you work for money from specs this bad? If you are working from specs this bad, it is time to update your resume.

--CELKO--
Joe Celko, SQL Guru & DBA at Trilogy
When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc) which can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sun Jan 07 2001 - 22:58:49 CET

Original text of this message