Transitive closure and FixPoint

From: Peter Hanusiak <hanusiak_at_sozo.fns.uniba.sk>
Date: 14 Dec 2000 00:08:34 +0100

For a very long time I've been trying to find some formaly correct proove, that relational algebra used in standard commercial relational databases
cannot compute transitive closure or fixpoint. I've found some articles about IES(incremental evaluation systems) which are able to compute transitive closure with some auxilliary relations and here authors notice that there are some proofs in very old literature, which I can't
find in library or on the inet (some prehistoric times about 1975 and 1983). Please navigate me where I can find some resources about this or write right
here some proofs.

           Thanks

                   Peter Hanusiak

--
Posted from cyril.fmph.uniba.sk [158.195.16.200]