Re: Higher order relationships

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.win.tue.nl>
Date: 12 Nov 2000 17:30:53 GMT

gkiourtas michail wrote:
> Jan Hidders wrote:
> > gkiourtas michail wrote:

> > > Both of them.
> >
> > Ok. So what is it exactly that you want to know?
>
> I mean how will distinguish multiple binary relationships and
> higher degree relationships to avoid misrepresantation during a
> conceptual schema phase.

Ah, but then you are only talking about relationships with higher degree and not higher order relationships. But never mind that.

The short answer: you apply database normalization. You can also do it more intuitively by looking if the facts represented in the relationship are actually made up of smaller facts.

Kind regards,

    Jan Hidders Received on Sun Nov 12 2000 - 18:30:53 CET

Original text of this message