Re: MySql vs. Oracle

From: Norman Clarke <norman_at_combimatrix.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:06:07 -0700

The current beta release of MySQL now has support for transactions. You can find some information on this at

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/commented/manual.php?section=BDB

However, if you need to make heavy use of transations and don't want to or can't use Oracle, you should probably consider postgres until the transaction functionality of MySQL is declared stable.

Norman Clarke