Re: Customers database

From: Raymond R Cassick <ray.cassick_at_vtg.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:46:03 -0400

The inconveniences will be the number of times that you have to repair and fix corrupted databases. usually, the lower end systems do not fair well under the load of many users. I bring this up only because you used the 'enterprise' which to me brings a large number of concurrent users to mind.

Systems like SQL (I highly recommend - or at very least MSDE), paradox, etc.. are more enterprise centered, and have built in capabilities for large numbers of users.

Also, using lower end databases will cause you to waste so much time on concurrency issues (like record locking schemes) that you will simply pull your hair out.