How to deal with password

From: ASA GSI <jbruce_at_asaglobalserv.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:14:28 -0400

Hi,

I am wondering what would be the best technique for storing a user's password. Here are the details:
We have a web system, and in our database a member has an account and a password, now what I need to know is how can I store the password so that even the administrator's can not see it? Does Informix have a password protect? If so how do I use it and how does it work? Or do I need to have a separate database for the account # and password and revoke all privileges?

Any and all comments and experience is appreciated Thank you

Jordan
jbruce_at_asaglobalserv.com Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 18:14:28 CEST

Original text of this message