Re: UML and Database Design

From: Barry <barrywilliams_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:35:11 GMT

Jan,
I am using PowerDesigner Data Architect. I can't find any option in Version 6 to Reverse Engineer a Class Model. I can check Version 7 but I don't remember seeing anything there either, although I have to say I didn't look very hard.

Can you give me some specific pointers ?

TIA Barry

In article <8pfmml$10b$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Jan Lenders <J.Lenders_at_Betuwe.net> wrote:
> In article <8p953t$p69$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Barry <barrywilliams_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > I am designing a Relational Database to correspond to a UML model.
 Does
> > anyone have experience with doing this or advice about useful
 Modelling
> > tools ?
> > Barry
> I've been looking at what Rational Rose (2000e) can do for a DBA, but
> all it does is generate a database schema from Class models.
> If you want to "interfere" as a DBA then you'd better use
> PowerDesigner. It can forward and reverse engineer a Class model to
> logical and physical models (and VV) where you can optimize and/or add
> DB-specific definitions.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 13:35:11 CEST

Original text of this message