Re: Relational Design

From: G Bramfield <lgbram_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: 2000/07/14

Hi Flash! You want to set up a one-to-many relationship between address and volunteer. This means that one address can be assigned to several different people(volunteers). It sounds like you really only need one table to accomplish your task.
To pull all of the data related to a specific address all you need to do is pass the address value to a query. You can do this by creating a parameter query, or you can reference a value entered into a form by the user.

If you were going to create a parameter query, simply type the following code into the criteria of the "address" field: [Enter Address]. Or, if you wanted to reference a value from within a form, you wold type the following piece of code in the same place: Forms!frmMyForm!ctlMyControl.

This should be enough to get you started. Good luck!

Regards, G!