Re: What is the best package for creating a web enabled database?

From: Mark Preston <mark_at_mpreston.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/06

If the application is to link to the net, FTP or a similar protocol is needed anyway. Nothing 'extra' to learn. Since the website is the basic idea that advice was asked about, structuring it is also already something that needs to be learned. Nothing 'extra' Since a standard 'exe' program is what they asked for, I assume that programming in some standard laguage is also already known, and again leaves nothing extra to learn.

So, your only issue is about needing to know what XML format to use for the data - but that is something the user can decide, so there is nothing 'extra' to learn there.

Compare that with the 'oddities' of Lotus Notes and you must see why I think it would be a daft way to go.

--
Mark A Preston BSc, FIAP
The Magpie's Nest