Re: Object-oriented programming applied to Web Sites

From: Marco Papacchini <papacchini.marco_at_tin.it>
Date: 2000/06/30

Nicolas Marchildon <elecnix_at_step.polymtl.ca> wrote in message 5VU65.1500$EA1.166637_at_news.total.net...
> Hi,
> As a website programmer, I am concerned about coding with the object
> philosophy. Languages such as Java, Perl, and PHP supports classes &
> objects. Does anyone knows of a resource (web, book) that covers that
> particular subject? The greatest difference between normal applications it
> that the client usually requests many different pages, that interract
> betwwen themselves.

Hello Nicolas,

Jim Conallen wrote a nice book on this subject: "Building Web Applications with UML"
(Addison-Wesley, 1999).

There is also a whitepaper of the same author: http://www.conallen.com/whitepapers/webapps/ModelingWebApplications.htm

Regards,
Marco. Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message