Re: What is the best package for creating a web enabled database?

From: Duco Jansen <ducojansen_at_aol.comNo-Spam>
Date: 2000/06/27

Try "Web Databases For Dummies" by Paul Litwin (methinks). Do some reading, start your project and then post particular problems that you are encountering so that someone here can help. Your question is too general. A good answer to your question would be:

You need to hire someone to develop that program for you. That doesn't really help, does it?

Good luck!

In article <EuA35.4060$fw6.82248_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>, "D" <diamond-b_at_mcmail.com> writes:

>Subject: What is the best package for creating a web enabled database?
>From: "D" <diamond-b_at_mcmail.com>
>Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:16:54 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>I would like to create a PC based program that allows a person to record
>details about themselves and save it as a file on their PC or to a floppy
>disk, e.g. Name, Address, etc. As well as perhaps a picture of themselves.
>
>I would then like the program to be able to send this information to a
>central database on the internet that stores details of the person and their
>picture if they have one. I'd also like the person to be able to download
>data from the central database, such as company news, or meeting schedules,
>etc.
>
>The program would function like any other windows type program such as word
>or excel. But would ideally be a fully self contained program - i.e. not
>requiring the user to has MS Access already installed, etc.
>
>I'd like the program to take advantage of thing like users who have large
>screens such as 1600 by 1200. And auto size to fit the screen.
>
>Is there any database package out there that will allow me to right anything
>like what is described above with minimal time spent writing code? e.g.
>Access, Oracle, etc? It should be able to deal with many hundreds and
>eventually thousands of users accessing the database at the same time?
>
>Any help is most greatfully recieved.
>
>regards
>
>Diamond

Duco Jansen

New York City

Code to live by...

Public Function PostYourQuestionHere() As Boolean

	If CheckedDejaFirst = True And IsNull(Answer) Then
		PostYourQuestionHere = True
	Else
		PostYourQuestionHere = False
	End If

End Function Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message