logical foundations of databases

From: Telecom Tom <tscott_at_vedatel.com>
Date: 2000/06/24

  1. Way back in the late 1970s and early- to mid-1980s, just when relational databases started to be developed, there were a group of logicians who did research on the logical foundations of databases. They modelled databases as first-order theories and called them first-order databases (FODBs).

Can anyone direct me to hardcopy or URLs on FODBs?

2. What about modelling routers as FODBs? Any hardcopy or URLs?

  • TIA, TT
    Tom Nelson Scott Vedatel Co 1411 Sheffield Dr. Bowling Green OH 43402 "In IP We Trust" "Java Rules" "E Pluribus Unix"