Surrogate Keys

From: Randy Yates <yates_at_207.87.184.178>
Date: 2000/05/26

There are so many related tables in my database that I am running up against Access 97's 10-field limit on primary keys. One obvious solution is to use a surrogate key, i.e., instead of using the "real" fields that should compose the primary key, use instead a made-up number to serve as the primary key. Is this a reasonable solution? Any suggestions on alternate soluation would be appreciated.

--
% Randy Yates                   % "I met someone who looks alot like you,
%% DIGITAL SOUND LABS           %             she does the things you do,