Trouble Inserting OLE Object

From: Pavel Shabanov <ys_at_actor.ru>
Date: 2000/05/10

The problem is:
I make a database in Access
there is a table - with OLE-object field - object will be an image (bmp or jpeg)
when I represent this field in a form I need a button to input the new image into the field

  • I tried to use macros to call standart dialog "Insert Object": but when with this dialog I try to insert this image from file (without creating new object) - it is represented as an icon and in the table it is named
    "Pakage", but not "BMP image" or some thing like that...
    The question is - what is wrong??? The other one is - how can I do the same without standart dialog - the best way is module, which will put different images from database directory into different rows of the table according to their names which will be the same as the number in code (indexed) field of the table... If anyone can help with advice - or program example - please send me e-mail: ys_at_actor.ru
--

"òÏÓÓÉÑ, áÆÇÁÎÉÓÔÁÎ, þÅÞÎÑ
- É ÓÕÄØÂÙ ÒÁÚÎÙÈ ÌÀÄÅÊ" http://www.afgankar.actor.ru ëÁòï÷áþ - ys_at_actor.ru