Re: Indexes on Views

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: 2000/04/18

<simanonok_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8dijjl$he5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> ====================== Do QUERIES on VIEWS in Adaptive Server Enterprise use
> INDEXES, either on the Views themselves or the underlying Tables the Views
> are formed from? ======================

You should be able to test this yourself. However, even if the answer is "yes", it's certainly possible to create a view complex enough to befuddle the query optimizer enough to prevent it from using the underlying tables' indexes. There should be some way to retrieve the query plan for queries entered in isql/w, which will indicate whether indexes are being used.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster_at_ricochet.net>  Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to