DBMS Speed Measurements

From: Bob Houle <blueb_at_island.net>
Date: 2000/02/27

Readers,

    As a new user of Artemis 5.0 (dBase/FoxPro/Clipper). The help file mentions
'Speed', 'Fast' and other time related words to describe features in Artemis.

    I was wondering if someone has actually done speed tests on the different features of ANY database systems and had posted it here? I realize there are a lot of variables but there must be a standard people use to describe a product's speed. For example transactions per second (TPS) as some of the big boys use.

    If anyone is knows how to go about and create a few tests, I'd be all ears.

--Bob Houle
blueb_at_island.net Received on Sun Feb 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message