Re: SQL-based search engine

From: Tore Aursand <tore_at_extend.no>
Date: 2000/02/25

In article <38B63766.10665B8F_at_elbanet.co.at>, Heinz.Huber_at_elbanet.co.at says...
> SELECT a.ArticleID, a.Date, a.Header, COUNT(*) as Relevance
> FROM tblArticle a, tblArticlKeyword ak, tblKeyword k
> WHERE a.ArticleID = ak.ArticleID AND ak.KeywordID = k.KeywordID AND
> Keyword IN ("Key1", "Key2", "Key3")
> GROUP BY a.ArticleID, a.Date, a.Header
> ORDER BY Relevance DESC;

Seems like a good suggestion, but I haven't been able to make it work yet. Searching for only *one* keyword works find, and it's extremely fast (of course).

However, adding only one more keyword - ie. two alltogether - makes MySQL hang. Does this sound like a bug, or does adding another keyword make the query much more complex for the SQL engine?

Thanks for your answer, by the way!

--
Tore Aursand - tore_at_extend.no - http://www.extend.no/~tore/