Re: Big tables

From: Raimundo Lozano <rlozano_at_medicina.ub.es>
Date: 2000/02/21

Thanks to all for your answers, I found all the comments very interesting and I see it's possible to cope with big tables if necessary.

Regretfully, the application at the start of this problem not only has badly resolved the queries but all the design of the database and programs. I think the main problem is the lack of a correct analysis and design.

PS. You are right about the number of atoms Tomasz. I've revised my sources and I found that the number of atoms of the universe that can be seen it's about 10^80. Now I only hope anybody show me a query with that number of possible rows! ;-)

Raimundo Lozano Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message