Re: Code for Query Plan(s) Generation

From: <msharaf_at_main-scc.cairo.eun.eg>
Date: 2000/02/19

Hi there

 Thanks a lot for being concerned...

 I knew about OPT++, but i was looking for something simpler, but it seems there is no way but the OPT++.

 Trying to work with it, i downloaded the code, the manual & the paper "OPT++: An Object-Oriented Implementation for Extensible Database Query Optimization"

 But..., It seems there is some kind of incosistency, in the manual & paper, they r refering to classes & methods that never exist in the code i got, like TreeToTreeGenerator class or DericeTreeDescriptor method !!!, i downloaded the OPT++ from:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~navin/research/download/optpls.tar.gz, i wonder if it is the right place or not !!!

 Thanks a lot in advance

In article <88h1kb$5ii$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

             msharaf_at_main-scc.cairo.eun.eg wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Currently doing my research, I need a module that
generates for a
> given query all its alternative plans(not the optimal one
only) in the
> form of operator tree (DAG), by applying the several
algebraic
> transformations, without any cost estimations.
>
> I wonder if you can tell me where i can find such a
library or
> framework, as i do need it seriously & urgently.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance, Mohamed
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

check out OPT++ of Univ. of Wisconssin (http://www.cs.wisc.edu) or Lambda-DB at http://lambda.uta.edu) OPT++ has source code, you may be able to use it to generate all the plans. I am not sure about Lmbda-DB's optimizer. By default, it gives you the optimal. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message