DB design for multilingual applications

From: Faraz <Faraz_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/02/04

Hi,

I would appreciate any help/pointers that anyone can give in a relational db schema for an application I am building.

The problem is that I need to have some way of storing field names and lookup values in multiple languages. This is so that when a user logs in they can set their default language and then after that all the labels on forms and values from lookup tables are displayed in their chosen language. I have been given some suggestions but they would cause problems when new languages/translations are added (I don't want to have to change any code).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Faraz Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message