Relational design: Article

From: <nicholas_34_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/25

Hi,

I'm trying to design an article. An article consists of several parts, each part can optionaly have a header and must have content. The first parts header is the title of the article.

Part

id - Int
header - String
content - String

How do I connect the parts with eachother? Do I need 'nextid' and 'previd'???

I will use the above in Java, and there is a LinkedList class which I was thinking that I can use for Articles... How do I get the data into the LinkedList? Do I need to find every part that doesn't have a 'previd' first and then find every part that has a 'previd' that equals the first parts id etc etc??

It seems as if there is some good way to do this recursive... can you give me a hint?

Thank you,

Nicholas

--

LinkedList: