Re: Database Replication Theory

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/01/25

Steven Harris wrote:

> In article <3889591A.3B500A8C_at_erols.com>, jgitomer_at_erols.com (Jerry
> Gitomer) wrote:
>
> > Unless you plan on writing your own database engine from the ground up
> > I suspect you would be better off switching to a commercial product
> > that already supports replication.
>
> Did you find any that do not cost $$$$$$$ to deploy? My customers are
> small businesses with perhaps two or three PC's. But increasingly, they
> want to take work home on their notebooks.
>
> I guess Access/Jet/DAO is the only product that fits this sector?
>
> Steve.

Look into the Borland products from Inprise (that covers myself no matter what they call themselves.)

BDE which comes with C-Builder, Delphi, and J-Builder is a possibility.

You should also look into their Interbase product since they are making it open source with (I understand) free run-times

--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one.