Re: Visual representations of complex relationships

From: Jan-Erik Rosinowski <spamfilter_at_rosinowski.de>
Date: 2000/01/11

>Our partial solution is to use a tree-view where the root nodes are
>clients, and they expand to show all the policies to which the
>client is related.

we use something similar but our tree contains containers and refs to all relevant data so actually it's not a tree but a directed graph with cycles etc.

root - customers - customer a - a's policies - ... root - policies - car insurance - customers w/ ci ...

you can surf thru the whole db which is pretty cool but don't underestimate the amount of data coming from the server...

btw: typical users don't like this mouse-navigation-stuff if it concerns their daily duties as it's too slow

ciao, jan

http://www.rsp.de - Software zur effizienten Erstellung und Verwaltung von Gutachten, Analysen, Pruefprotokollen etc. Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message